- Caribbean Seafood Chowder with Coconut Milk and Fresh Thyme
- Geechee Girl brie salad: Overbrook Farm lettuce, herb toasted brie, fresh peaches, candied pecans, Geechee Girl vinaigrette
- Carolina Style Summer Chicken Gumbo: Fresh Okra, Corn and Tomatoes. Carolina Gold Rice. Sauteed Greens
- Grilled Shrimp and Vegetable Plate: Shimp; Assorted Summer Vegetables; Blackeye Pea-Peanut Butter Hummous; Garlic Toast
- Warm Individual Peach Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Peach Lemonade: Housemade peach puree mixed with lemonade
- Watermelon Agua Fresca: Blended Watermelon, Lime Juice and Sparkling Water
- Sorrel: A refreshing drink of house brewed hibiscus topped with sparkling water
- Yogurt topped Housemade Granola and drizzled with honey
- Peaches and Cream Pancakes: Fresh Peaches, Whipped Cream, Chicken Sage Sausage
Fried Chicken Biscuit; Boneless Fried Chicken; Buttermilk Biscuit; Sweet and Spicy Glaze. Housemade Coleslaw
Starting Sunday, July 20th, Geechee Girl will be closed for Sunday Dinner. We’ll open again in the Fall.
World’s best Fried Chicken. More popular every week! Make a reservation (it helps us plan) and get there early, cause when it’s gone, it’s gone. Can’t come in?
Order your fried chicken to go. 215-843-8113
The Geechee Girl 2014 Recipe Calendar. Perfect gift for the food lover on you list. And remember: a Geechee Girl Gift Certificate is always appropriate.
Diners, Drive-Ins and Drives Update The folks at Diners, Drive-Ins and Drives have a map of featured restaurants and Geechee Girl (natch!) is on it. They’ve posted a couple of older videos about Geechee Girl and Valerie. If you missed them, you can look at them here. And the website has a feature where you can upload any photos you have of Geechee Girl.
Geechee Girl was filmed for the Food Network hit show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives with host Guy Fieri. We are thrilled to have been chosen and it was a great experience. And for anyone who’s wondering, Guy is just as nice and just as much fun as he seems on TV. Geechee Girl wants to give a shout out and a thank you to the great customers who agreed to appear on camera
Our family and friends on opening night 10 years ago!
A Geechee Girl gift certificate is always a perfect gift.
Geechee Girl is here to make your entertaining easy. Call Valerie at 21-843-8113 if you’re interested in renting the restaurant or having the food and staff brought to your place. Take a look at our takeout catering menu for lots of flexible ideas.
Geechee Girl Rice Cafe
Valerie Erwin’s tribute to Low Country cuisine at her “humble” but “cute” Germantown BYO might be “Philly’s best claim to be part of the Carolinas”, as the reasonably priced, “down-home” fare comes with a side of “Southern hospitality”
Geechee Girl’s flower garden
Yes we cater! Take a look at our takeout catering menu or call Valerie at 215-843-8113 to discuss more elaborate catering events.
Saturday Brunch Party
Geechee (pronounced with a hard “G”) was one name for the enslaved West African peoples who lived on the Sea Islands and coastal areas of the Carolinas, Georgia and Northern Florida. The Africans who were brought to South Carolina lived on West Africa’s rice coast and were expert in rice cultivation.
Much of the success of the Sea Islands’ early rice industry can be attributed to a black rush basket called the fanner that was developed by the Geechee people. The fanner was used to toss (fan) threshed rice into the air to allow the wind to carry off the chaff
Today, Chef Valerie Erwin builds upon traditional southern rice delicacies with world influences. Come sample Geechee Girl’s delights when you visit Philadelphia!